Doyen of Kerala K. C. Mammen Mappillai

 Doyen of Kerala 

K. C. Mammen Mappillai 



Late K..C. Mammen Mappillai (KCMM) 

This blog  starts with a link from my memoirs, presently being written, which recalls my personal recollections of the life and work of the late K. C. Mammen Mappillai, my grandfather. 

He died when I was just 10 years and 9 months old. 

The most formative years of my life were between 1949 snd 1954 when I was under the guidance of KCMM, Dewan Bahadur Mysore Matthan, both my grandmothers, my godparents, the late K. M. Eapen, the late Malyakal George  Matthan and the late Mrs. M. M. Thomas. 

Plus I had the good fortune in my formative years to go to Bishop Cotton School in Bangalore.


Rajen and me in Delhi

And I grew up with Padma Shri Kandathil Mammen Mathew (Rajen), with whom I share an unbreakable bond of almost 80 years. 

Besides our life in Kottayam, we grew up in Bombay, went to college in St. Stephen’s College, where he was instrumental in getting me elected as the President of the residents in only my second year, something that never happened before or after. 

He  hitch-hiked to London, where I was studying. He was there for the birth of my first and second born in a small English village near Birmingham, called Shawbury when I was a researcher at the Rubber and Plastics Research Association of Great Britain (RAPRA).

Our exploits are innumerable and, even today, we recall them with fervour and the same freshness as when we were two mischievous little boys! 

Our bond is “The Sacred Trust” espoused by KCMM.

I have presently 19 blogs covering my active writing life, something KCMM instilled in me when I was just 9 years old. 


Annikki with blue kurta and late 
Padma Bhushan & Mrs. K. M. Mathew

In these blogs, which have over 2000 entries from 1995 onwards, you will discover all the traits that my wife, Annikki, of the last 56 years, has given me the strength to produce by her constant input and support. She is sn extraordinaire personality, as you can read from my many entries about her expertise on religion, art, activism and education on my Jacob’s Blog.







Her own books on Edible Art, Freedom Of Speech, Montessori Efucatin and her experience leading to baptism as a true Christian, are just a few of her life’s experiences. 



Also are the books Co-authored with me on Survival In Finland snd about the crisis prevailing in India!

There will be fortnightly updates to this blog, if not weekly! It will depend on your interaction.

Comments